RE: DNS Server

To: <pmueller@xxxxxxxxxxxx>, <lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: RE: DNS Server
From: <thomas.kaiblinger@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 13 Apr 2004 11:33:38 +0200
Hello Peter,

the point is when I start the named daemon it has only the real Ip addresses
and so it only listens to these addresses. I made a nmap portscan to show the
difference:

Interesting ports on  (Real IP Address):
(The 1594 ports scanned but not shown below are in state: closed)
Port       State       Service
22/tcp     open        ssh
53/tcp     open        domain
80/tcp     open        http
111/tcp    open        sunrpc
139/tcp    open        netbios-ssn
443/tcp    open        https
445/tcp    open        microsoft-ds

Interesting ports on  (virtual IP):
(The 1595 ports scanned but not shown below are in state: closed)
Port       State       Service
22/tcp     open        ssh
80/tcp     open        http
111/tcp    open        sunrpc
139/tcp    open        netbios-ssn
443/tcp    open        https
445/tcp    open        microsoft-ds

I have to restart the named daemon after the virtual IP address has been
assigned that named binds to the virtual address. It listens on every address
that is up when I start the daemon and not on those that are up after the start
of named.
Is there a chance to put the command "named restart" after the aquiration of
the virtual address?

Thank you