IPVS + Kernel 2.4.26?

To: lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: IPVS + Kernel 2.4.26?
From: Patrick LeBoutillier <patl@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 14 May 2004 17:26:06 -0400
Hi all,

I have compiled my own 2.4.26 kernel (from kernel.org) and activated all IP: Virtual Server options
as mentionned in the FAQ and/or HOWTO. I am using Fedora Core 1.

Besides this kernel I am using UltraMonkey 2.0.1 RPMS and I upgraded heartbeat-* to 1.2.2. I built a Streamline High Availability and Load Balancing topology (by following the docs closely) and
basically all works fine (for a while...).

It seems after about 15 minutes or so of inactivity, ipvsadm looses trace of all connections, but the cluster is still somewhat functional. Connections are still being routed, but only to the node that is not acting as
the director.

If I restart heartbeat on the director, then everything gets back to normal. I did not seem to have this problem
with the UltraMonkey 2.4.22 kernel.

Anyone have any idea what's happening? Are IPVS and the associated tools stable with the 2.4.26 kernel?

Am I missing a patch on my 2.4.26 kernel? I didn't patch it at all really. I simply activated the IPVS stuff in
"make xconfig". I'm using DR, but I have not applied the "hidden" patch.

Thanks,

Patrick

--
Patrick LeBoutillier