Re: Best configuration for long lasting connections

Subject: Re: Best configuration for long lasting connections
From: Joseph Mack <mack.joseph@xxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 17 May 2004 07:08:46 -0400
Patrick LeBoutillier wrote:

> Are there any sheduling methods and/or packet forwarding methods that
> are better suited for permanent connections?

as I'm sure you realise, there is no loadbalancing or high availability
with a permanent connection. Still if LVS is useful here, then why not.
I can't imagine the scheduler would matter a whole lot here.

> I am currently using scheduler 'wlc' and
> forwarding method 'gate'.

what is forward method "gate"?

SAIC, Supporting the EPA Research Triangle Park, NC 919-541-0007
Federal Contact - John B. Smith 919-541-1087 - smith.johnb@xxxxxxx