Re: Best configuration for long lasting connections

Subject: Re: Best configuration for long lasting connections
From: Patrick LeBoutillier <patl@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 17 May 2004 10:12:07 -0400
Joseph Mack wrote:

Patrick LeBoutillier wrote:
Are there any sheduling methods and/or packet forwarding methods that
are better suited for permanent connections?

as I'm sure you realise, there is no loadbalancing or high availability
with a permanent connection. Still if LVS is useful here, then why not.
I can't imagine the scheduler would matter a whole lot here
What I mean by permanent is that users connect in the morning and stay connected throughout the day. So the load balancing comes in when the connections are first established to distribute them across the realservers. And with connection synchronization I hope to be able to save the connections to the other realservers if the director goes down.

Thanks,

Patrick

--
Patrick LeBoutillier