Re: Can you change the destination port in DR mode ?

Subject: Re: Can you change the destination port in DR mode ?
From: Jacob Coby <jcoby@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 19 May 2004 10:57:18 -0400
Joseph Mack wrote:

Jacob Coby wrote:

Why is the port required when not using persistent connections in
lvs-dr?  Maybe I'm reading the docs wrong?

can you explain this question a bit more? port required for what?

 -t, --tcp-service service-address
              Use TCP service. The service-address is of the form
              host[:port].  Host may be one of a plain IP address
              or a hostname. Port may be either a plain port num-
              ber  or  the  service name of port. The Port may be
              omitted, in which case zero will be  used.  A  Port
              of  zero is only valid if the service is persistent
              as the -p|--persistent option, in which case it  is
              a  wild-card  port,  that  is  connections  will be
              accepted to any port.

The -r option can also accept a port. Why is the port required if it isn't used? Why is there a destination port if it isn't used?

I'm just a little confused as to why it's so difficult to aggregate ports. I'm also a little confused why anyone would want to aggregate the http and https ports.

--
-Jacob