Re: Re: how to make director schedule by IP

Subject: Re: Re: how to make director schedule by IP
From: Sheldon Hearn <sheldonh@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 12 Jul 2004 10:30:52 +0200
On Mon, 2004-07-12 at 10:14, Ye Xiaowei wrote:

>     But  I don't know the exact IPs of clients,does this algorithm still work
> ?

Yes.  It uses a consistent hashing algorithm, so all client IPs that
produce the same hashed value are always directed to the same real
server.

What I'm not sure of, is whether the same client IP will be directed to
the same real server participating in multiple virtual services.  So
you'd have to experiment unless someone with more clue answers.

Ciao,
Sheldon.