LVS-DR and IP Spoofing

To: lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: LVS-DR and IP Spoofing
From: Mog <mogwai@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 13 Jul 2004 19:23:01 -0400
hello to all,

I have a question concerning LVS-DR and IP Spoofing. Let me briefly
explain the situation.

First, I am a DSL user and I wish to multiplex my traffic over two or
tree DSL lines. I decided to accomplish a spoofing test with some
hand-crafted forged packets on my actual ISP network and it succeeded
for packets being sent with a different source address that my current
static IP that where Inside or Outside of my ISP allocated range (Witch
probably mean that I am on the good way).

I decided to find another ISP willing to help in order to accomplish a
crosstalk between both ISPs. Their response was their own providers
(bell, sprint etc..) will not allow non sanctioned IP to be sent through
there network. They say they (bell, sprint etc..) use filters to stop
some range of IPs from passing trough. They would probably take an
agreement for a whole class C adress but not for a single IP.

According to my previous readings on this list and the LVS How-to (and
from what I understand) it's only a question of my ISP router config,
not their own upstream provider...

What are your thoughts on this ?

many thanks,
Gaétan