RE: LVS-DR and IP Spoofing

Subject: RE: LVS-DR and IP Spoofing
From: Mog <mogwai@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 14 Jul 2004 16:05:09 -0400
Hi,

Actually I am able, with my current ISP, to send spoofed packets with
source IPs that resides inside or outside of their alloc.

When the second line with the other ISP will be installed, I'll have to
experiment with the LARTC approach. Alexandre Cassen had also proposed a
solution.
http://www.in-addr.de/pipermail/lvs-users/2001-August/002951.html

I had wished that I had the opportunity to design my network with the
ability to do some sort of crosstalk between both ISPs. Although that
could have been desirable, this is not absolutely necessary.

My actual provider's connection is not stable as it could be for a
normal aDSL "best effort" QoS. I subscribe With another ISP for this
particular reason.

My idea now is to point my domain name to my new/stable ISP at the LVS
level. The processed requests could be fowarded in a RR fasion trough my
actual network or return back on the other provider.

I would be able to realize that using LVS-DR since I am on ADSL. As
Horms have mentionned, some experiments could be realized with LVS-TUN,
but I fear for the TUN overhead and the bottleneck that could happen
with less than 640kbps upstream.

This solution is for an hosting projet so I would like setup the LVS and
get it fine tuned enough to load the lines to their maximum capacity.
Add more lines in the future, doing so forth, until my finance will
permit an SDSL connection or any other solution with, hopefully, a
better QoS.

For optimum performance, what solution is better ? LARTC approach and RR
DNS or LVS-DR and spoofing ?

Thanks,
Gaétan