RE: ldirectord v 1.90

To: "'lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: RE: ldirectord v 1.90
From: Philip Hayward <Philip.Hayward@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 5 Aug 2004 14:34:46 +0100
Hi,

Sorry this isn't the quickest response to a call to testing, but I think I
may have found a bug. I've just upgraded a test RH8 ultramonkey ldirectord
from 1.62.2.14 to 1.90. The existing config was working fine but when I
restarted it two virtual servers (out of 17) changed from TCP to UDP.

The problematic virtual servers were the first 2 entries in the list, but
reordering didn't help. A virtual server causing errors is pasted below:

virtual=10.1.1.45:53580
        real=10.1.1.13:53580 masq
        request="goobie/TestServlet"    #just a java test app
        receive="successfully"
        checkport=51088
        service=http
        scheduler=wlc
        checktype=negotiate
        persistent=300

This creates:

UDP  10.1.1.45:53580 wlc persistent 300
  -> 10.1.1.13:53580              Masq    1      0          0

Starting it in debug gets this:

DEBUG2: Running system(/sbin/ipvsadm -A -u 10.1.1.45:53580 -s wlc -p 300 )
Running system(/sbin/ipvsadm -A -u 10.1.1.45:53580 -s wlc -p 300 )
DEBUG2: Added virtual server: 10.1.1.45:53580
Added virtual server: 10.1.1.45:53580

I found two ways of getting it back to TCP. The first was to explicitly
define the virtual server as TCP and the second was to change the virtual
and real server to port 0.

Apart from this little problem it seems faster to start up. I'll carry on
testing it anyway.

Thanks for all the good work!

Phil Hayward