Re: Broadcast Address for VIP (lo:0)...

Subject: Re: Broadcast Address for VIP (lo:0)...
From: Joseph Mack <mack.joseph@xxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 11 Aug 2004 09:39:16 -0400
Sean Rolinson wrote:

> Hello Group,
>
> I've setup LVS/DR on RH 3.0 ES.  Everything with regards to LVS is working
> fine and has been for sometime.  However, we ran in to some problems today
> deploying a package called Spread (http://www.spread.org).

can you turn on line wrap? Your paragraphs are one line and go off the edge of
the screeen.

> Is it ok to not to have a broadcast entry in for lo:0?  Does LVS need to have
> a broadcast set for it to work properly?

The /32 broadcast for the VIP depends on the kernel version and the forwarding
method
and is explained in the HOWTO at least for 2.0 and 2.2 kernels. Why you need a
/32
netmask for the VIP under some circumstances is beyond me although Horms
appears to
understand it.

Clearly if your LVS works, then it's OK.

LMIT, Supporting the EPA Research Triangle Park, NC 919-541-0007
Federal Contact - John B. Smith 919-541-1087 - smith.johnb@xxxxxxx