Re: Ldirectord Redhat EL3 SSL checking problem

Subject: Re: Ldirectord Redhat EL3 SSL checking problem
From: "Patrick LeBoutillier" <patl@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 8 Nov 2004 13:05:24 -0600 (CST)
Hi all,

I'm not 100% sure this is relevant, but we had a problem with the 2.6
kernel and wait/signal handlers
in some other project. I know RHEL3 has some 2.6 features backported into
it's 2.4 kernel, do this
may be it.

It seems the order in which processes can run after a fork has changed in
2.6. From what I understand,
after a fork, the child now (can?) runs first instead of the parent (or
something like that).  This
means that it's now possible for the child to terminate even before the
parent was a chance to wait for it. Then if your handler is IGNORE you
will never get a chance to reap the child.

Does this make any sense in this context?

Patrick