Re: Local Load balancing - multiple services per IP

Subject: Re: Local Load balancing - multiple services per IP
From: Malcolm Turnbull <malcolm@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 06 Dec 2004 09:12:30 +0000
Sergio,

Why would you want 1 VIP to map to 1 RIP but different ports ?
Doesn't make sense (well not to me any way)

You can use firewall marks if you want DR or TUN, it will also help if what you actually want is those ports to be treated as a group i.e. you wanted all conections to 6001,6002,6003 to be persistently bound to one real server (which would make more sense ?)

Sergio Freire wrote:

Hi all,
well i have a doubt and ive already searched in the archives and made
some tests but i had no success.
I want to have some service A which runs on ports 6001, 6002 and 6003 of
some machine 10.112.64.113 for example. The virtual IP is .112.
I guess i have to use masquerading because the destination port is
different form the connect port.
This does not work.. is it supposed to or am I doing something wrong?
In a more general scenario I could have a cluster of two machines, and a
virtual on top of those two, where some service is instantiated lets
says N times on one machine and Y times on the other machine... can i do
this or am i limited to one service per real IP?

My ldirectord.cf is something like:

virtual=10.112.64.112:8999
      real=10.112.64.113:6001 masq
      real=10.112.64.113:6002 masq