problems while creating LVS

To: lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: problems while creating LVS
From: SUKHWINDER PAL <rec_engrec@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 6 Dec 2004 11:33:35 +0000 (GMT)
hello sir, I am creating a LVS with two mail servers but got stuck in
between.Actually while compling the kernel for ipvs after patching ipvs  from
your website.I used following commands:make mrproper,make oldconfig,make
xconfig these were working fine.But make dep && make clean && make bzImage&&
make modules&& make
modules_install,I faced a problem as:
make(3):***[ip_vs_sync.o]error 1
leaving directory /usr/src/linux/netipvs4/ipvs
make(2):*** [first rule]error 2
leaving directory /usr/src/linux/net/ipv4/ipvs
make(1):***[_subdir_ipv4/ipvs]error2
leaving directory /usr/src/linux/net
Then afterwards I had downloaded ipvsadm.src.rpm from web site.Then i used
rpmbuild --rebuild ipvsadm.src.rpm to convert it to a real rpm so that i can
install it.But it is exiting with comment that BAD EXIT FROM
/etc/tmp due to earlier errors
--(ipvsadm.o) make 1.

Why it is there.how to solve it .