problem while creating LVS.

To: lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: problem while creating LVS.
From: SUKHWINDER PAL <rec_engrec@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 14 Dec 2004 06:48:43 +0000 (GMT)
sir,
I am working on LVS with two mail servers (acting as
real servers).Earlier I installed linux with kernel
2.4.20-8,redhat 9  and tried installing LVS .But it
was giving some problems.Then I downloaded kernel
2.4.21( linux-2.4.21.tar.bz2) from related
website.Then I downloaded LVS(tar -zxvf
ipvs-1.0.9-tar.gz).Then I used following commands:-
" tar --jxvf linux-2.4.21.tar.bz2 , patch -p1 ........
, make mrproper, make menuconfig, make dep, make
bzImage modules ", these are working fine now.But the
command "make install modules_install" was exiting
with the comment that there is no directory named
/lib/modules/2.4.21 .then I manually creared the
directory(2.4.21) using command mkdir.Then again used
command "make install modules_install".It is executing
succcessfully now .Has I did the right thing ,Sir?
Then I edited grub.conf to boot from new kernel
2.4.21,But the system keeps on rebooting .I had
checked the default run level also.It is set to 5.
What could be the problem,sir.