Re: Bug or "feature"?

Subject: Re: Bug or "feature"?
From: Joseph Mack <mack.joseph@xxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 05 Jan 2005 22:17:00 -0500
Klavs Klavsen wrote:

> What I've noticed, is that when I get requests to my virtual addresses -
> it forwards these to the realservers - but appereantly the request is
> NOT added to the Netfilter ESTABLISHED table

the director is just a router, no connection terminates at the director,
so nothing is ESTABLISHED.

> - so the response from the realserver is not allowed out

I'm sorry, I don't know what this means.

> - unless I specificly allow everything out
> from the realservers service-ports (http and https in this case) :(

as well have you read the section in the HOWTO about the interactions
of netfilter and LVS - have you read about Julian's nfct package?

LMIT, Supporting the EPA Research Triangle Park, NC 919-541-0007
Federal Contact - John B. Smith 919-541-1087 - smith.johnb@xxxxxxx