Re: ldirectord mysql "negotiate" patch

Subject: Re: ldirectord mysql "negotiate" patch
From: Todd Lyons <tlyons@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 13 Jan 2005 10:40:29 -0800
Horms wanted us to know:

>I have also added your sample config to the supplied configuration
>example.

I think it's worth emphasizing in the example that the receive config
setting has no effect on the mysql service, but I did state that clearly
in the pod text, so you may deem that sufficient.  Other than that, I'm
fairly content with my explanation of how to use it.

I tried to find a CVS repository to look at the config example, but
wasn't able to find a public repository.

>If you could make an additional patch that documents this along with the
>rest of the ldirectord documentation, at the top of ldirectord itself,
>that would be just great. This will automatically end up in the
>ldirectord(8) man page.

Attached to this email.  Unless I'm missing the intent of your request,
this is a very small patch :-)  If I used too many "For a MySQL check"
stanza's feel free to edit it down to be more friendly to the user
reading it.

>You can observe your handiwork using something along the lines of:
>pod2man --section=8 ldirectord | nroff -man | less

Very nice.  I hadn't seen that before.  That's a case of beer!  (In my
old circle of friends, we had to buy a "case of beer" when we did
something for the "first" time :-) )
--
Regards...              Todd
safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.       --Benjamin Franklin