Re: Apache 2.0.53 gone nuts on ldirectord

Subject: Re: Apache 2.0.53 gone nuts on ldirectord
From: Horms <horms@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 25 Feb 2005 16:51:01 +0900
On Fri, Feb 25, 2005 at 03:18:47PM +0800, Bosco Lau wrote:
> I will give 'connect' a try, but I wonder even if 'connect' works, it is
> still not the 'perfect' solution.... maybe it is more to do with the
> Apache2 rather than the ldirectord, or is the ldirectord using of the
> Perl commands to request the apache causing problems?

I don't think it is a perfect solution either. And may not be suitable
for your purposes. But I would be interested to see if it changes
the problem you are seeing.

ldirectord makes use of a perl module to communicate to Apache2
using HTTP. It is possible that this communication is sending
something unexpected, or could be seting some additional headers
that make Apache happier. I am not sure. If you want to see
what ldirectord is really sending to Apache, and vice versa, try
ngrep.

--
Horms