Re: Apache 2.0.53 gone nuts on ldirectord

Subject: Re: Apache 2.0.53 gone nuts on ldirectord
From: Todd Lyons <tlyons@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 28 Feb 2005 11:17:07 -0800
>> I suspect that Apache2 is reacting strangely to the negotiating/request
>> by the ldirectord, which requests and reads a test file from the apache2
>> document root and try to compare the content of the test file to that in
>> the config file of the ldirectord. But there isn't such a problem with

We had a case where we the real machines were reverse proxyies. Newer
versions of apache 1.3.x were returning different result codes (ie 40x
instead of 30x) for the same GET /.  Changing the expected search string
or changing the checktype to connect fixes the problem for us.

--
Regards...              Todd
OS X: We've been fighting the "It's a mac" syndrome with upper management