Re: setup problems (lvs-dr)

Subject: Re: setup problems (lvs-dr)
Cc: Julian Anastasov <ja@xxxxxx>
From: Horms <horms@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 1 Mar 2005 11:41:20 +0900
On Fri, Feb 25, 2005 at 09:27:23AM -0500, Mack.Joseph@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
> Joseph Mack PhD, High Performance Computing & Scientific Visualisation
> LMIT, Supporting the EPA Research Triangle Park, NC 919-541-0007
> Federal Contact - John B. Smith 919-541-1087 - smith.john@xxxxxxx
>
> lvs-users-bounces+mack.joseph=epamail.epa.gov@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> wrote on 02/25/2005 09:14:53 AM:
>
> > Hi,
> >
> > Im having a bit of problems getting the LVS-dr technique to work.
>
> Hi,
>       You've made a reasonable attempt here, but there's a write up
> in the mini-HOWTO on setting this up, including scripts to run
> on the realserver and on the director. If you can't get it going
> from the mini-HOWTO, then we need to find out what's wrong with
> the mini-HOWTO. How about you try that first
> and then when you have it working, try your own variations.

Which reminds me, I think the entry on arp_ignore/arp_announce in
the HOWTO is a bit misleading.

The old way was to set hidden on lo.
The new way is to set arp_ignore and arp_announce on
the arping interfaces, that typically means eth0.
But if you have eth1 as well, you need to set it there too.
Setting it on lo has no effect as far as I understand
from, testing, reading the code and reading correspondance
from Jullian.

Joe, could you please tidy this up in the HOWTO,
as I think it is a little confusing the way you have
it written up at the moment.

--
Horms