ldirectord issue with vip port different from RS port

Subject: ldirectord issue with vip port different from RS port
From: Ed Fisher <efisher@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 28 Feb 2005 21:49:09 -0600
Hi all,

I'm using ldirectord+heartbeat+lvs to load balance a group of web servers. It's working wonderfully, and did successfully replace those cisco css 11050s I mentioned a few weeks back. Average throughput over the last few minutes: 73.6mbit/s, and it's gotten much higher.

My question is with ldirectord:

When I create a virtual entry and set the VIP port to 80, but the real server port to 82 (legacy support), ldirectord adds two entries in the LVS table for each real server: one for RIP:82 with a weight of 1 and one with RIP:80 with a weight of zero.

If I edit the conf and set quiescent=yes, these go away when I reload ldirectord. However, I don't want to use quiescence...

I can't see why ldirectord is adding these entries.

I'm running ldirectord 1.2.3-5 from debian and ipvsadm 1.24.

Thanks.

Ed Fisher