Re: LVS NAT packets not beein de-masquaraded

Subject: Re: LVS NAT packets not beein de-masquaraded
From: Mack.Joseph@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Thu, 03 Mar 2005 12:13:40 -0500
Joseph Mack PhD, High Performance Computing & Scientific Visualisation
LMIT, Supporting the EPA Research Triangle Park, NC 919-541-0007
Federal Contact - John B. Smith 919-541-1087 - smith.john@xxxxxxx

lvs-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote on 03/03/2005 12:00:46
PM:

> Hi,
>
> We have a problem with 6 webservers behind an ipvs node
> using wlc & nat.
>
> We're seeing SYN packets come in, beeing forwarded to the webserver,
> seeing the webserver send a SYN/ACK back to the ipvs node,
> and than from
> the lvs node back to the client WITHOUT the src address rewritten.

a few people have reported similar problems with LVS-NAT.
It's not happening with LVS-DR. We don't have a solution yet (I don't
think anyone has a fix on the problem). This didn't happen in older
kernels
(2.4.x) and we don't know when it appeared in the 2.6.x kernels.

> This happens only to 10 (guestimate) percent of all
> connections.

other people have reported 1 event in 6hrs (I seem to remember)
with a heavily loaded server.