Ldirectod v feedbackd

To: lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Ldirectod v feedbackd
From: Graham Purcocks <grahamp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 07 Mar 2005 18:01:18 +0000
Hi

This is my second pass at LVS routers. I build a pair 4 years ago with pulse/nanny and RH73 LVS kernel but have now decided it is time to bring them up to date. The old ones have been so reliable that you forget about them. The hardware it getting old and we had a couple of issues recently so new boxes and new install is happening. In fact until that time we have *never* had no service due to server/cluster problems, so great job to all who contribute.

I am using Ultramonkey for simplicity, so currently they are being tested with ldirectord. However, the old system had dynamic weighting using ruptime to alter the weightings. I noticed feedbackd, but does this work well *with* ldirectord? It seems to also try to take servers out so may conflict. I don't want an unreliable system so should I leave well alone and stick with ldirectord sn simple fixed weighting or can feedbackd live harmoniously with it?

Thanks
Graham