Re: slab usage and ip_vs_conn expiration

To: markdv.lvsuser@xxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: slab usage and ip_vs_conn expiration
From: Julian Anastasov <ja@xxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 6 May 2005 09:27:05 +0300 (EEST)
        Hello,

On Sun, 1 May 2005 markdv.lvsuser@xxxxxxxxxx wrote:

> > It looks like enties in connection tracking table are never removed.
> >
> > In an attempt to limit the no of entries I issue an 'ipvsadm --set 0 0 10'
> > expecting to see the entries expired (and removed from the table) in 10
> > seconds. But after more than an hour the backup director (having been
> > activ only a short time while the primary was rebooted) still has 696526
> > entries in the table.
> >
> > This is a dual Xeon(TM) CPU 2.80GHz box and a 'cat ip_vs_conn | wc -l'
> > takes 8 minutes!!

        It is SMP, what is the CONFIG_PREEMPT value?

> > Some things I don't understand:
> >
> > Although I do a 'ipvsadm --set 0 0 10' entries in /proc/net/ip_vs_conn
> > still have larger timeout values (last column right?!)
> >
> > UDP C3F11870 0504 C3F14D36 0035 0A1F42B4 0035 UDP              59
> >
> > Then, when continuously 'grepping' for an entry I see that value decrease
> > to 0... and then - to my suprise - it just jumps back to 59 instead of
> > disapearing...

        It looks like ip_vs_conn_expire detects unexpected cp->refcnt
or cp->n_control (not likely). So, only on higher load UDP conns are
not freed, are you sure that TCP conns are freed? I assume it is
not easy to set /proc/sys/net/ipv4/vs/debug_level to 20 for 2-3
seconds to catch in logs some debug messages?

Regards

--
Julian Anastasov <ja@xxxxxx>