Playing around with ldirectord and UDP services

Subject: Playing around with ldirectord and UDP services
From: Malcolm Turnbull <malcolm@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 12 May 2005 12:54:25 +0100

Ldirectord works fine with UDP for DNS for me with no problems,
and if I want to balance something else say UDP:12000 thats fine as long as you
either do a checktype=on (i.e. no checking 'cause it conectionless)

OR.. check a relevant TCP port instead i.e.
service=http
checktype=negotiate
request="checkudpservice.php"
recieve="UDPOK"
i.e. My php page tells me if the UDP service is running...

BUT I can't just do a simple :
checkport=80
checktype=connect
Which would seem a reasonably simple thing to do ?
If you try just a stright port connect the fallback server is activated.

I'm using v1.99 by the way.. I'll try looking at the code but Perl may as well be Russian to me...

--
Regards,

Malcolm Turnbull.