how does exclude_period work?

To: lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: how does exclude_period work?
From: Sebastiaan Veldhuisen <seppo@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 05 Sep 2005 18:50:32 +0200
Dear List,

I'm trying to understand how the exclude_period parameter works. I googled a lot, but didn't find any clear answers:

My first question is: what is the scope of exclude_period? Can I add it to a hostgroup, watch or a service (or all of them)? What I want, is to exclude all my hostgroups from being monitored in a certain time period. Can this be done with one exclude_period parameter or do i need to define it for every, hostgroup, watch, service etc.?

My second question is: i need to have an exclude period for every first Monday of the month, between 17.00 and 23.00. I've already succesfully applied some fancy period definitions, but i need some help from a perl Date::Time guru to define this time period. I wonder if this is possible inside the perl module. Suggestions are welcome!

Thanks for any help!

regards,

Sebastiaan Veldhuisen
Leiden University