Keepalived

To: lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Keepalived
From: Alex <alshu@xxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 12 Sep 2005 22:24:25 +0300
    Please consult me in one question about using Keepalived.
We want build a little cluster with LVS-NAT + Keepalived. But
for make this project cheaper we consider perhaps to merge two
LB in one.
    If we have classic scheme then we have such path:

 Clients -> 2-LB for WebSrv -> 2-WebSrv -> 2-LB for AppSrv -> 2-AppSrv ->
2-DBSrv -> SAN
            ---------------                ---------------
            fisrt    VIP-1                 second   VIP-2

    We plan use two pair of LB for support failover.
    But we want cut two second LBs and delegate its functions on
first LBs:

 Clients -> 2-LB for WebSrv -> 2-WebSrv
                            <-
            2-LB for AppSrv -> 2-AppSrv -> 2-DBSrv -> SAN
             VIP-1 & VIP-2

    Question: may we realize this scheme. May LB (with Keepalived)
serve VIP not only for external clients but and internal servers.
Of course, VIP-1 and VIP-2 belong to different subnet. And make
one LB MASTER for VIP-1 and BACKUP for VIP-2 and another LB vise
versa MASTER for VIP-2 and BACKUP for VIP-1.

    I hope that i expressed clearly.
    Shubnik Aleksandr.