Re: LVS on Free BSD

Subject: Re: LVS on Free BSD
From: kwijibo@xxxxxxxxxx
Date: Thu, 15 Sep 2005 08:02:11 -0600
Ramprasad A Padmanabhan wrote:
Can I run LVS on Free BSD.
I have read in the online docs that a Free BSD Realserver works
Can there also be a Free BSD director
No, not unless you can convince the FreeBSD people to port it.

Also Can there be a mixed setup, like some Realservers on linux some on
Free BSD
Yes, Linux, *BSD, Windows, whatever.  You have to be careful in some
setups though.  Like for LVS-DR you need an OS that will ignore ARP
requests.  I think just about any OS can do this though.

Actually I am already using and all linux LVS setup for SMTP.
I want to move some Free BSD  machines too into the cluster

Shouldn't be a problem.
Thanks
Ram