broadcast messages sent across networks: how to overcome

Subject: broadcast messages sent across networks: how to overcome
From: "Vijay K" <vijay_k@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 21 Sep 2005 20:04:41 +0530
Hi
I have set up two directord with two ethernet interfaces each..each in a
different network.

Here are the details:
director1 : 10.10.30.35 and 10.10.33.1
dir2          : 10.10.30.36 and 10.10.33.2
virtual     : 10.10.30.30 and 10.10.33.33

the real servers are in the 33 network.. they r 10.10.33.11, 10.10.33.12,
10.10.33.13..etc

Now the prob i have is that even though its ucast and ip of teh other
machien is given i end up having udp packets on both teh networks.Arents
they supposed to go only to teh other director?

My ha.cf file of director2  looks like this:(the one for director 1 looks
similar except for the corresponding ip address changes)

debugfile /var/log/ha-debug
logfile /var/log/ha-log
logfacility local0
keepalive 2
deadtime 10
baud 19200
udpport 694
udp eth0 eth1
auto_failback off
ucast eth0 10.10.30.35
ucast eth1 10.10.33.1
node dir2.xxxx.com
node dir1.xxxx.com

udp for eth0 and eth1 specified.
So can somebody tell me why the udp packets are going to all teh other
machines in bothe 10.10.30. and 10.10.33. networks. Is this teh norm or shud
i do something to avoid the udp packets bothering other machiens in the
network.

Also,the health check from directord to realservers( ARP) are going to the
10.10.30 network(for those realservers mentioned in configuration file and
not present in the network).but these arp requests are going to teh machiens
in 10.10.30 network also checking/requesting if they r the realservers

Thanks in advance
Regds
vijay