Re: LVS & Debian 3.1

Subject: Re: LVS & Debian 3.1
From: Matthias Krauss <MKrauss@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 21 Sep 2005 20:51:49 +0200
Great, that makes it, thanks .

-----Ursprüngliche Nachricht-----
Von: Volker Dormeyer [mailto:volker@xxxxxxxxxxxx]
Gesendet: Mittwoch, 21. September 2005 20:01
An: LinuxVirtualServer.org users mailing list.
Betreff: Re: LVS & Debian 3.1

Hi,

 * On Wed, 21 Sep 2005 18:56:55 +0200,
 * Matthias Krauss <MKrauss@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

 > I'm about to migrate my lvs from Debian 3.0 Kernel 2.4n to Debian 3.1  >
Kernel 2.6.8, while installing ipvsadm via apt I got the message that  >
IPVS is not supported, looking further in the current Kernel config i  >
noticed that lvs is already included and I'm able to add nodes. Did  >
anybody came across to this ?

The ipvsadm startup script which comes with the Debian GNU/Linux package
(Sarge) looks for the file /proc/net/ip_vs_conn. If it is not there, it
assumes, that the kernel does not support ip_vs.

But as soon as you run ipvsadm manually, the kernel module is loaded
automatically. I think, that's the behaviour you have?

You could insert "ip_vs" into /etc/modules to solve this.

Regards,
Volker

--
 Volker Dormeyer                                  <volker@xxxxxxxxxxxx>