Re: how to configure LVS for this scenario

To: lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: how to configure LVS for this scenario
From: Todd Lyons <tlyons@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 5 Oct 2005 10:38:25 -0700
Dan Trainor wanted us to know:

>Unfortunately I cannnot provide any suggestions, however, I think I can
>come up with a question for you, if you don't mind.  I'm a bit new, so
>I'm still learning.
>Why would the Real Servers share the same VIP?

Take a good long look at the howto and pay special attention to the
section on "The ARP Problem".  It goes into a large amount of detail on
why LVS-NAT is not affected by this and why LVS-DR is affected by this.
--
Regards...              Todd
when you shoot yourself in the foot, just because you are so neurally