Re: ipvs_syncmaster brings cpu to 100%

Subject: Re: ipvs_syncmaster brings cpu to 100%
From: Roger Tsang <roger.tsang@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 12 Oct 2005 13:28:53 -0400
Hi Luca,

Technically you're not the only one doing the HA and running into this
problem. I'm running OpenSSI-1.9 based on kernel-2.6.10 which includes LVS.
I ran into this ipvs_syncmaster and ipvs_syncbackup waiting in msleep()
problem too, but on AMD64 UP. For me it kicks in randomly and when it does
load average never goes below 1.0. I'm running failover, so ipvs_syncmaster
and ipvs_syncbackup are running on separate boxes.

I managed to fix my problem permanently. If memory serves me right, all I
had to do was revert ssleep() back to the old schedule_timeout() code in
ipvs_syncmaster() and ipvs_syncbackup(). Hope this helps.

Roger