Ldirectord and DNS problem using TCP and UDP

To: <lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Ldirectord and DNS problem using TCP and UDP
From: "David Craigon" <david.craigon@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 17 Oct 2005 18:14:46 +0100
Hi there,
        I'm trying to configure a DNS recursive resolver (cache)
cluster. I am attempting to use ldirectord to detect realserver failure.

Now, in my configuration file I want to do something like this:

virtual=192.168.170.10:53
        real=192.168.9.1:53 masq
        real=192.168.9.2:53 masq
        request="www.griffin.com"
        receive="83.148.189.60"
        service=dns
        scheduler=rr
        protocol=udp

virtual=192.168.170.10:53
        real=192.168.9.1:53 masq
        real=192.168.9.2:53 masq
        request="www.griffin.com"
        receive="83.148.189.60"
        service=dns
        scheduler=rr
        protocol=tcp

since DNS uses both UDP and TCP. Unfortunately ldirectord doesn't like
this config- it gets confused and thinks there is a duplicate config in
the file saying "duplicate virtual server". But the service is on UDP
and TCP, so they are different. Any advice? Is this a bug?

David