Re: Ldirectord monitoring resources

Subject: Re: Ldirectord monitoring resources
From: Horms <horms@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 18 Oct 2005 14:48:02 +0900
On Tue, Oct 18, 2005 at 01:42:34PM +0900, merdan.atajanov@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
>  Hello, we are upgrading our servers where we run heartbeat with
>  ldirectord.  We installed newest version of heartbeat with
>  ldirectord.
>
>  When ldirectord is started, it adds all real servers from
>  configuration file.  When some of the resources are down, they are
>  removed. But when the resource comes back,  ldirectord cannot add it.
>  When we check ldirectord status, this is what we got

I am not sure that I understand the problem. When you say "some of the
resources are down", do you mean real-servers that ldirectord is
monitoring fail and then recover, or do you mean something like
heartbeat stops ldirectord and later starts it again.

>  # /etc/init.d/ldirectord status
> ldirectord stale pid file /var/run/ldirectord.ldirectord.pid for
> /etc/ha.d/conf/ldirectord.cf
> ldirectord is stopped for /etc/ha.d/conf/ldirectord.cf
>
>  ############## ldirectord.log file ###################
> [Tue Oct 18 13:31:53 2005|ldirectord] ldirectord stale pid file
> /var/run/ldirectord.ldirectord.pid for /etc/ha.d/conf/ldirectord.cf
> [Tue Oct 18 13:31:53 2005|ldirectord] ldirectord is stopped for
> /etc/ha.d/conf/ldirectord.cf
> [Tue Oct 18 13:31:53 2005|ldirectord] Exiting with exit_status 1: Exiting from
> ldirectord status

This is only a log of the status line, not a log of ldirectord
trying to add or remove real servers.

> There are no problems with older versions of ldirectord
> ( ldirectord,v 1.77.2.5 2004/09/13).

This is  very old version of ldirectord. Try a newer one

http://www.vergenet.net/linux/ldirectord/

--
Horms