Re: Ldirectord monitoring resources

To: lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: Ldirectord monitoring resources
From: merdan.atajanov@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Tue, 18 Oct 2005 16:03:46 +0900
Quoting Horms <horms@xxxxxxxxxxxx>:

On Tue, Oct 18, 2005 at 01:42:34PM +0900, merdan.atajanov@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
 Hello, we are upgrading our servers where we run heartbeat with
 ldirectord.  We installed newest version of heartbeat with
 ldirectord.

 When ldirectord is started, it adds all real servers from
 configuration file.  When some of the resources are down, they are
 removed. But when the resource comes back,  ldirectord cannot add it.
 When we check ldirectord status, this is what we got

I am not sure that I understand the problem. When you say "some of the
resources are down", do you mean real-servers that ldirectord is
monitoring fail and then recover, or do you mean something like
heartbeat stops ldirectord and later starts it again.

I am still testing, manually I stop some resources on real-servers. Ldirectord
can detect that and remove that entries. When I restart that services,
ldirectord have to add them, but there is nothing in the log of ldirectord for
the long time. I check ipvsadm table, nothing is added. (Heartbeat is working,
there is no problem with it)
So, I just check status of ldirectord and get below messages.

 # /etc/init.d/ldirectord status
ldirectord stale pid file /var/run/ldirectord.ldirectord.pid for
/etc/ha.d/conf/ldirectord.cf
ldirectord is stopped for /etc/ha.d/conf/ldirectord.cf

 ############## ldirectord.log file ###################
[Tue Oct 18 13:31:53 2005|ldirectord] ldirectord stale pid file
/var/run/ldirectord.ldirectord.pid for /etc/ha.d/conf/ldirectord.cf
[Tue Oct 18 13:31:53 2005|ldirectord] ldirectord is stopped for
/etc/ha.d/conf/ldirectord.cf
[Tue Oct 18 13:31:53 2005|ldirectord] Exiting with exit_status 1: Exiting from
ldirectord status

This is only a log of the status line, not a log of ldirectord
trying to add or remove real servers.
There are no problems with older versions of ldirectord
( ldirectord,v 1.77.2.5 2004/09/13).

I know it very old, but it cames with my Linux distribution(Mandriva 10.2).
And I have no problem with it.

I already tried
ldirectord,v 1.120 2005/09/07 07:31:23
and
ldirectord,v 1.77.2.34 2005/10/18 03:55:18

with these versions I have problems.

This is  very old version of ldirectord. Try a newer one

http://www.vergenet.net/linux/ldirectord/

--
Horms