Re: errors in heartbeat logs on FC3

Subject: Re: errors in heartbeat logs on FC3
From: Horms <horms@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 21 Oct 2005 15:22:12 +0900
On Fri, Oct 21, 2005 at 10:36:32AM +0530, ankush grover wrote:

> > hey Mr.Horms,
>

> Thanks for your reply.
>

> That version should not have the bug I was thinking about.
> > So its probably not the cause of the problem. But you still don't need
> > to use it, as long as you start up the backup and master sync daemons
> > using ipvsadm at boot.
> >

> You are trying to tell me that I should take off this line from haresources
> "LVSSyncDaemonSwap"
> and instead you ipvsadm at the boot time.

Yes.

> What will be difference in using ipvsadmn at the boot time and more over how
> do I specify which is the primary server and which one is the backup server
> in ipvadm.

You don't need to, just run both the backup and master daemons.
The only reason the LVSSyncDaemonSwap script exists is because
older version of the kernel only let you run one daemon at a time,
and that script switches them over.

I suspect it might be causing you a problem, so thus removing
LVSSyncDaemonSwap from the config might releive your problem.
Of course I'm just guessing, but it seems like a likely candidate to
try.

Actually, for your heartbeat, just try removing LVSSyncDaemonSwap from
your haresources lines. If it helps you can worry about starting
up the daemons by alternate means later.

--
Horms