persistance questions

Subject: persistance questions
From: ankush grover <ankushgrover1711@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 3 Nov 2005 12:03:56 +0530
hey friends,

I am working on setting up LVS(ultramonkey streamline HA & LB) on Fedora
Core 3 for Apache Servers.I am facing few problems

I have entered these entries in /etc/sysctl.conf

net.ipv4.vs.expire_nodest_conn = 1
net.ipv4.vs.secure_tcp = 3
net.ipv4.vs.timeout_finwait = 2
net.ipv4.vs.expire_quiescent_template = 1

But when I ran this command "sysctl -p", i got this error

error: 'net.ipv4.vs.timeout_finwait' is an unknown key

How do I get rid of this error ?

I have 2 LVS servers which are also real servers.When one of the real
servers goes down the connections are not automatically routed to the other
server and even the new connections are not redirected/routed to the other
server.I have set persistent=60 in /etc/ha.d/ldirectord.

What happens is this

Server1 initally all the connections goes to the Server1, if Server1 goes
down the new connections or the older connections are not redirected to the
Server2 unless all the active connections or established connections with
the Server1 timeout.

Prot LocalAddress:Port               Conns   InPkts  OutPkts  InBytes OutBytes
  -> RemoteAddress:Port
TCP  192.168.1.59:http                  11       59        0     8279        0
  -> linux.sunupdelhi.net:http          11       59        0     8279        0
  -> cluster1.sunupdelhi.net:http        0        0        0        0        0

IPVS connection entries
pro expire state       source             virtual            destination
TCP 00:05  NONE        192.168.1.62:0 <http://192.168.1.62:0>
192.168.1.59:80 <http://192.168.1.59:80>    192.168.1.42:80
<http://192.168.1.42:80>

IPVS connection entries
pro expire state       source             virtual            destination
TCP 00:05  NONE        192.168.1.62:0 <http://192.168.1.62:0>
192.168.1.59:80 <http://192.168.1.59:80>    192.168.1.42:80
<http://192.168.1.42:80>

This information I am able to get through the script written by *Luca
Maranzano.

*As you can see there are few seconds left for this connection to get
expired(ipvs connections).The older connections or the new connections will
not be redirected to the Server2 unless all the connections with the Server1
timeout.*
*
How do I redirect the connections to the Server2 when the Server1 goes down
?

Thanks & Regards

Ankush Grover