Re: how do i change the configuration without messing stuff up?

Subject: Re: how do i change the configuration without messing stuff up?
From: Justin Ossevoort <justin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 09 Nov 2005 17:19:49 +0100
If I understand you correctly, you want the RDP connections to survive a
failover situation. No matter how quick your heartbeat failover happens,
all users will still get disconnected, since the backup node doesn't
know anything about the connections that were passing through the master
node.
The only way around this is to use the sync-daemon support in ipvs so
that connections through the master are synced to the backup node, which
 upon failover can continue handling the existing connections.

If I remember correctly though the fallback to the master could still
disconnect a lot (all) users, since it's connection state is at best
outdated but more likely flushed. So it is more sensible to make the
backup node master in case of failover and the master node should return
as a backup node.

Regards,

        justin....