[ldirectord]: proxy_http test for Squid proxy with additionnal modules (

To: <lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [ldirectord]: proxy_http test for Squid proxy with additionnal modules (squidguard, dansguardian, antivirus...)
Cc: "Avramakis, Christian" <christian.avramakis@xxxxxxxxxxx>
From: "Lemaire, Olivier" <olivier.lemaire@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 20 Nov 2005 20:56:09 +0100
Greetings,

We made a patch to ldirectord to use a "proxy test" to test a proxy
realserver with Squid+other modules (dansguardian in our example).

We wanted to be sure the proxy service will be ok or deleted from the
server list, even if this service was composed of more than on e
component (say, if dansguardian was not available, the associated proxy
real server has to be removed from the server list). Testing the Squid
service (connect) was not enought.

Patch and sample usage there:
http://kb.linuxvirtualserver.org/wiki/Building_clusterized_proxy_farms_u
sing_LVS

Hope this'll helps.

Best regards,
--
Olivier LEMAIRE - OCI Consultant
SIEMENS BUSINESS SERVICES S.A.S. / ORS-PMO-OCI