Re: [ldirectord]: proxy_http test for Squid proxy with additionnal?modul

To: lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [ldirectord]: proxy_http test for Squid proxy with additionnal?modules (squidguard, dansguardian, antivirus...)
From: Horms <horms@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 21 Nov 2005 02:50:23 +0000 (UTC)
Lemaire, Olivier <olivier.lemaire@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Greetings,
>
> We made a patch to ldirectord to use a "proxy test" to test a proxy
> realserver with Squid+other modules (dansguardian in our example).
>
> We wanted to be sure the proxy service will be ok or deleted from the
> server list, even if this service was composed of more than on e
> component (say, if dansguardian was not available, the associated proxy
> real server has to be removed from the server list). Testing the Squid
> service (connect) was not enought.
>
> Patch and sample usage there:
> http://kb.linuxvirtualserver.org/wiki/Building_clusterized_proxy_farms_u
> sing_LVS

I'm happy to put this into ldirectord if you are intersted.
But is it possible to put your changes inside check_http.
check_http and check_https were recently merged, so it seems
to me that check_http could also handle proxy checks.

You can find the latest version of ldirectord at the following URL,
it should be pretty easy for you to merge you to do some manual
merging from there.

http://www.vergenet.net/linux/ldirectord/

--
Horms