Re: ipvs failback patch

Subject: Re: ipvs failback patch
From: Ranga Nathan <kairanga@xxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 21 Nov 2005 19:40:26 -0800

Horms wrote:

Ranga Nathan <kairanga@xxxxxxx> wrote:
Karl Kopper's Linux Enterprise Cluster talks about the availability of a kernel patch to failback from the backup to the master that keeps the connections alive. I could not find it on the linuxvirtualserver.org site. I see the latest versions but they are in source format. Somehow I am unable to do rpm --rebuild <sourcerpm>

The current version I have is: ipvsadm v1.24 2003/06/07 (compiled with getopt_long and IPVS v1.2.0)

Could you be a little more specific about the patch
(or at least give a page refernce in the book).
It is the NOTE at the bottom of p276 (Stateful Failover of the IPVS Table)

I am suspecting that this patch is no longer needed.
When it fails over, the connections are retained. When it fails back, the connections are broken.
I simulated this by rebooting (this is my lab machine!)  the directors.