Re: VLAN with LVS-DR

To: lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: VLAN with LVS-DR
From: Graeme Fowler <graeme@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 22 Nov 2005 10:29:55 +0000
Hi

On Tue 22 Nov 2005 09:13:24 GMT , Francois Taillandier <francois.taillandier@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
I read the "How does work LVS DR", and effectively, it should work, but I just wanted to know if anyone had tested it before.

I'm using keepalived and LVS-NAT with 802.1q VLAN tagging and It Just Works. As long as the VLAN interfaces are up there's no difference between a dot1q interface and a normal untagged ethernet one, as far as I can see.

I can't see that there would be any difference with LVS-DR - 802.1q VLANs are simply additional layer 2 infrastructure, and as long as it's built correctly (physically and logically) the layer 3 stuff (and above) on top will be fine.

Graeme