Re: how can i monitor real servers (RDP)?

Subject: Re: how can i monitor real servers (RDP)?
From: Dominik Klein <dk@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 25 Nov 2005 09:52:50 +0100
This morning i was lucky because somebody was there to set the TS out of
service, but i can imagine bigger problems if this happens when nobody from
IT is present. I've heard of several programs that can monitor web servers,
and (possibly?) adapt ldirectord.cf to it, or remove the real-server from
the LVS table. But i'm looking for one that can do this for terminal servers
(or just port 3389 would be a start).

Using keepalived here. It has those http and https checks (propably using wget) you were talking about. It also has a simple TCP-Connection test which could work for you. There may be even more checks - I am not too familiar with keepalived yet myself, but it may be worth a look.

Dominik