Re: snmptrapd?

Subject: Re: snmptrapd?
From: kwijibo@xxxxxxxxxx
Date: Mon, 28 Nov 2005 08:10:06 -0700
Andrés Cañada wrote:
Hi all!
I have a cluster working with heartbeat and ldirectord, systemimager, ganglia and mon. It's working nice already (thanks to everybody in this list!). I use Mon to monitor the cluster nodes with snmpd. When one of the criteria is positive, then Mon sends me an alert to my mail. That's great!! But now I'd like to be able to capture that sign sended by Mon to run a script. I don't know if I'm explaining well. When ,in example, a node fails to a ping-check, I'll receive an e-mail notification, but I'd like also to be able to capture this signal to run a script.
Can anybody tell me if snmptrapd is ideal for this issue to solve?
Is there a HOWTO for this?

thank you very much and sorry for my english.
Andres

Why don't you just write your own alert script for Mon and
have Mon run it?