Re: snmptrapd?

Subject: Re: snmptrapd?
From: Andrés Cañada <acanada@xxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 28 Nov 2005 18:24:31 +0100
Thanks for your answer. I'd like it to be so easy but I'm afraid it isn't. In
my case I need to know the ip of the falling node and then trigger a script
that makes something with the rest of the nodes (I need to modify the setup a
mpi universe).
It seems to be possible to do this since the ip of the falling node is
received via mail.
Any ideas?
Should I need to use snmptrapd??
Thank you very much
Andrés.

El Lunes, 28 de Noviembre de 2005 16:10, kwijibo@xxxxxxxxxx escribió:
> Andrés Cañada wrote:
> > Hi all!
> > I have a cluster working with heartbeat and ldirectord, systemimager,
> > ganglia and mon. It's working nice already (thanks to everybody in this
> > list!). I use Mon to monitor the cluster nodes with snmpd.
> > When one of the criteria is positive, then Mon sends me an alert to my
> > mail. That's great!!
> > But now I'd like to be able to capture that sign sended by Mon to run a
> > script. I don't know if I'm explaining well. When ,in example, a node
> > fails to a ping-check, I'll receive an e-mail notification, but I'd like
> > also to be able to capture this signal to run a script.
> > Can anybody tell me if snmptrapd is ideal for this issue to solve?
> > Is there a HOWTO for this?
> >
> > thank you very much and sorry for my english.
> > Andres
>
> Why don't you just write your own alert script for Mon and
> have Mon run it?

**NOTA DE CONFIDENCIALIDAD** Este correo electrónico, y en su caso los ficheros
adjuntos, pueden contener información protegida para el uso exclusivo de su
destinatario. Se prohíbe la distribución, reproducción o cualquier otro tipo de
transmisión por parte de otra persona que no sea el destinatario. Si usted
recibe por error este correo, se ruega comunicarlo al remitente y borrar el
mensaje recibido.
**CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE** This email communication and any attachments may
contain confidential and privileged information for the sole use of the
designated recipient named above. Distribution, reproduction or any other use
of this transmission by any party other than the intended recipient is
prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient please contact the sender and
delete all copies.