Re: LVS-Tun arp-encounter

Subject: Re: LVS-Tun arp-encounter
From: Nick Silkey <silkey@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 19 Jan 2006 13:53:31 -0600
Matt Chan wrote:
I was able to see connections as inactive on ipvsadm -L, but the client
never actually accesses the webserver. Am I using the arp_ignore and
arp_announce flags correctly?

I see the same issue, with a little different settings. I am working on with 2 x directors, 3 x worker bees in an LVS-DR environment. Currently all systems are RHEL4 and UltraMonkey3 has been running on the directors. The closest that UM3 comes to working in this environment is as you mentioned above: connections marked as inactive by the live director, but packets never get from the live director to any of the worker bees (as per many tcpdumps on both hosts).

Frustrating.

--
Nick F. Silkey                  512.475.8284
Sysadmin / BOFH        silkey@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx