Re: Unable to forward packets

Subject: Re: Unable to forward packets
From: Joseph Mack NA3T <jmack@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 22 Feb 2006 10:28:55 -0800 (PST)
On Wed, 22 Feb 2006, Bill Omer wrote:

Yes, its a rather complex network topology that I'm dealing with.

you had different netmasks for two of the machines.

All 3 machines in question are able to talk to each other. The CIP can ping the RIP and the DIP. The RIP can ping the CIP and the DIP. And the DIP can ping the CIP and RIP.

fine. The different netmasks is not a problem then?

your routing is wrong.

This what I'm worried about.  From what I understand using LVS-DR you
can't use the DIP as the default gw.

correct.

Right now the RIP is *not* using
the DIP as its default gw, it's using a router instead.

correct. traceroute from RIP->CIP should not go through the director.

generator at http://www.wm7d.net/azproj.shtml Homepage http://www.austintek.com/ It's GNU/Linux!