Re: Persistence vs SH scheduler

Subject: Re: Persistence vs SH scheduler
From: Martijn Grendelman <martijn@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 06 Jun 2006 09:38:41 +0200
Hi,

Con Tassios schreef:
When I first started to toy around with LVS, I did just what is written here:
i tried to use the SH scheduler for "session affinity" at L7.

Looking at your original post from 2004, you are using source hashing with a
weight of 1.  This will result in the service being overloaded when the number
of connections is greater than 2, as your output of ipvsadm shows.  Have you
tried increasing the weight?

No I haven't. Can you explain why a weight of 1 will result in the service being overloaded, and how would weight = 2 make a difference?

As I understand it, the weight only specifies the relative weight of the real servers. It has nothing to do with the actual number of connections. Am I wrong? My current setup also has weight = 1 for all real servers.

Best regards,

Martijn Grendelman