Re: -flexlm

Subject: Re: -flexlm
From: David Black <dave@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 12 Aug 2006 09:27:39 -0400
Hi Ron,

Ldirectord appears to offer only simple connect and request/response
healthcheck types.  If you know the flexlm protocol well (does anyone?)
you *might* be able to construct some kind of request/response check
using checktype=negotiate.  Or if you only care a flexlm instance is
accepting TCP connections, you could use the default connect checktype
on the flexlm port.

I use keepalived, and there the MISC_CHECK healthcheck type could
directly call lmstat, or a simple wrapper that runs lmstat, parses its
output and returns zero or non-zero status to keepalived depending on
what it finds.  In other monitoring situations not involving IPVS, I've
used and consistently seen others use lmstat for a view into flexlm
server status.

Dave