Re: -flexlm

Subject: Re: -flexlm
From: Lasse Karstensen <lkarsten@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 14 Aug 2006 01:39:13 +0200
Owens, Ron:
> Has anybody used ldirectord to load provide load balancing for flexlm
> license servers?

I haven't, but it seems like an interesting idea.

Most of our applications, (or at least matlab) supports a redundant setup with
three
servers in license.lic at each workstation - but not all.

Some (arcgis, perhaps?) just pops up a stupid inputbox during install and ask
for just one server. Until now we've just pointed them to a CNAME for one of
the servers, but LVS would be a better solution.

> If so, how did you provide health checks?

Perhaps you can use keepalived MISC_CHECK to fork off a shellscript that runs
lmstat and verifies that the deamons is up? (both of them, lm and vendor)

--
Lasse Karstensen
lkarsten@xxxxxxxx