Re: dead peer detection, ipvsadm

Subject: Re: dead peer detection, ipvsadm
From: Joseph Mack NA3T <jmack@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 2 Sep 2006 17:38:27 -0700 (PDT)
On Sat, 2 Sep 2006, Gary W. Smith wrote:

Hello,

I've been looking around for a way to do dead peer

peer being the other director? (ipvsadm is only on the director)

I have several incoming SMTP servers that I currently balance
with ipvsadm

ipvsadm is the user space tool which sets up ip_vs. You're balancing with ip_vs (or LVS).

using wlc.  Recently we had one die which caused some level
of delay for those incoming requests.

I was wondering if there are any recommended dead peer detection methods
for this type of scenario.

if by dead peer you mean failed realserver, there's many chapters on it in the HOWTO. Have you looked there?